Point and shoot cameras are perfect for discreet street photography and ideal for travel as they are compact in size and they do not weigh a lot. This amazing portability is not the only thing that sets these cameras apart. Thanks to developments is technology, you can get amazing features in these cameras without any increment in size.
Point and shoot cameras are manufactured by a lot of brands and there are a lot of options available click here to see the top point and shoot cameras for travelers
Here is a list of compact cameras. You will not be disappointed by any of these.
- Ricoh GR II
- Body is very compact.
- Image quality is just amazing.
- The texture is perfectly rough for street photography
- It is simple to operate
- The lens is great with flares
- Looks are perfect
A more clinical photographer will not be able to appreciate the creative effects and other possibilities and they will go waste for them.
Autofocus is not very good in low light conditions
- Panasonic LX100
- Focus is very fast
- Very small size
- You get a lot of control
- Wi-fi and Panasonic Image App lets the user control the camera remotely.
- Great quality in smaller space
- It takes some time to get used to
- Too small for comfortable use
- When in Auto Focus, the focusing ring changes shutter speed so you to the be extra careful.
- Canon Powershot G7x
- Very compact and can easily be carried in pockets.
- Has a great feel to it.
- Transferring is very simple due to the Wi-Fi setup
- Controls are nice and easy
- Auto focus is great
- Battery life is very impressive
- Images are not very sharp
- LCD screen is not very flexible.